We are super excited to announce a major product release today: Automatic Gmail Sync and BCC.
What is it?
This will automagically import your Gmail conversations into your Investor CRM (or you can use BCC with any other email program :)
What does this mean?
It means that when you email super-VC Marc Andreessen and he writes back saying “I'm in for $6 million” this glorious email thread will get automatically logged on his Investor Card in your CRM.
It means the end of copying-and-pasting conversations to keep your CRM up to date.
It means your investor cards will always be current, so you can run your round like a true fundraising rockstar :)
How do I use it?
1. On the navigation bar on the left side of your screen, go to Settings and click "Integrations" then click "Add Integration"
(Note: automatic email sync currently only works for Gmail accounts and sites that use Gmail as their underlying email server; if you don't use Gmail, skip to step #5)
2. Follow the prompts to connect your Gmail account.
3. Voila! For every Investor Card that has an email address on it, your email conversations with that investor will get automatically imported. Boom! Your productivity just went up 10x :)
4. If some of your cards don't have an investor email address on them, threads won't be imported. However, when you (later) add their email address, all retroactive conversations will be imported at the next regular sync.
5. If you don't use Gmail, no worries! You can use our separate (and brand new) BCC feature to log your investor conversations.
When emailing an investor (e.g. from your Hotmail, Outlook, AOL, or corporate email client), simply enter your unique Foundersuite email identifier in the BCC field of your message.
The format will be similar to: "email@example.com" where "acme" is your account name.
To find your unique identifier, on the left navigation bar, click "Action Required" and you will see your BCC email address.
This "Action Required" screen is also where you will see any emails that you sent via BCC that don't match to a specific investor card.
That's it-- we think Gmail Sync and BCC will save you a ton of time and be very helpful while running your round.
Any questions or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch.