The Investor Updater tool will help you create an awesome Company Update template in under 15 minutes. You can use it to stay top-of-mind with prospective investors, or to keep your existing investors in the loop. Here's how to use it:
1. Get Started by clicking the "Foundersuite Default Report." This will create a new template you can customize.
2. Name It: Give your report a name and timeframe— for example, “Acme Q2 Investor Update.”
3. Start Writing: Click the down arrow on the right side of each module. This will expand the section to be edited.
Scratch out a few simple lines about what's going on with your startup. It doesn’t need to be a literary masterpiece, and shorter is almost always better.
I suggest you begin by writing a brief "Company Summary" followed by "Challenges" and then a "How You Can Help" section. These are typically the most important / impactful messages to get across. If you have time later, you can add more, but let's get a first draft done.
Remember: bullet points are your friends
4. Add Key Metrics and Photos: Do you use Excel or other software to track Key Metrics? If so, take a screen shot of the table / graph and add it to your report as an image.
On the left hand side, in Report Toolbox, you’ll see “Image”. Just drag this to the right and upload the screen shot.
Add other images the same way. Humans are visual creatures, so spice up your Investor Report with a group photo of the team, or a screen shot of your new product.
5. Attach Files As Needed: If you want to attach a pitch deck or other materials, use the widget to the left. Don’t overdo it— less is more.
6. Preview: slide the toggles to add your logo and tagline, click Preview to make sure it looks good, and then hit Publish.
This will create a unique, permanent URL to share. The URL will look something like this (go ahead, feel free to click! :)
7. Send: Lastly, open up a new email addressed to your investors, copy your report URL into that email, and copy and customize this intro text:
“Dear investors and advisors, please view our [Progress Report / Company Update / Investor Update] covering the last [month / quarter / year].
I look forward to your feedback, comments and suggestions.
Sincerely, [your name].”
...and voila— you’re done.
You are now an official Master of Investor Relations. Congrats! :)
Any questions or feedback. let us know!