Finding the perfect roommate while studying abroad is hard. To find a good roommate, people try to connect offline on meetups, write hundreds of emails, drive to open houses, or sit through casting-like interviews.
Our Startup of the Week got inspired by online dating platforms to make their matchmaking platform for roommates. We are pleased to bring you SOTW #18: room.me
1. In just one sentence, what is your company offering/what do you do?
Matchmaking for roommates. Inspired by online dating platforms and apps, #roomdotme connects matching roommates.
2. Briefly, what makes you unique / different / special?
Our matching algorithm. We are not just another app or classified, we really match.
3. What is the one thing you love the most about running a startup?
Taking decisions and taking responsibility. And most importantly: working with a truly dedicated team – never worked in such an inspiring environment in both of our offices.
4. What is the hardest or most surprising part of running a startup?
Learning by iterations. And by lots of little failures on the way.
5. Do you have any success stories (big or small) you would like to share?
Honestly – to see how we grow together as a team. More proud of that than on our seed round :)
6. How, if in any way, has Foundersuite helped your company?
Structuring investor contacts – love it :)
7. Finally, what is your best tip, hack, or piece of advice for entrepreneurs?
Try it again and again until you find the next level. That’s what we constantly do.